Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Audition

Here goes.....

Another audition tonight for a show that completely doesn't fit my voice type! I keep thinking that if I am not a belter I will never get work so I have to force myseslf to go to these auditions and keep telling myself that I don't know what they are looking for.

I just get really psycho and mental and tell myself all these awful things
"I will never be cast bc I'm not a belter"
"My speaking voice doesn't match my look"
"I don't have a type so I will never be considered"

I just need to keep quieting these things so that I can gain confidence to be happy with what I have to offer. I am really sick of peope telling me I am a soprano and will never learn how to belt/mix. I know that I can! I know it is in there! I just need someone to help me bring it out...I have gotten several different opinions of how to do it and so far it alaways ends with people saying "Sometimes people just don't have the genes for it. It's something you are born with" Well NO! I don't believe that. I do to a certain extent but I also believe that things can be learned with hard work and determination. I think at this point I just need to figure it out on my own. I know what I am doing wrong and I just need to fix it by myself...

but for now, I will get ready for my audition for Rent tonight and hopefully find some sweet rocker attire for tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment